Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect
• 57% of all reports of child abuse are made to child protective workers by professionals who work directly with children.
• 7% report abuse and sexual assault.
Why Is It So Important To Report?
• 686,000 children in the United States are abused annually (1 in every 100 children).
• 1,593 children die every day as a result of child abuse or neglect.
Who Does Child Abuse Affect?
• 44% of all victims of child abuse and neglect are white;
• 21% are African American.
• 21.8% are Hispanic.
• 25% of girls are sexually assaulted before they turn 18.
• 17% of boys are sexually assaulted before they turn 18.
How Does This Affect Central Nebraska?
• Within 10 counties in Central Nebraska in 2015, CNCAC served:
• 232 children through forensic interviews, medical exams, and/or
• 587 contacts were made to non-offending family members through
• 1,289 cases were discussed during multi-disciplinary meetings.